Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baseball season comes to an end






We had lots of fun this season in baseball. All of the kids made huge improvements throughout the season and we all came to love baseball a little more. I had fun coaching Emily's t-ball team. The girls loved being on first base because I was the 1st base coach and they loved to play with Amie while they were waiting to advance to second base. (Emily is in the middle with her best friend, Callie on the left.)Ryan did great this year, he is anxious to play on the minor league team where the kids get to pitch instead of the coaches. Mitch got to play on the All-Star team this year. He learned more in the two weeks of all-star practice than he did all season. During the regular season he played under the lights and games would go until 10pm sometimes. David and I had many date nights under the baseball lights. After school got out we took the kids with us and they had fun playing their own little games of baseball behind the ballpark. We stayed 5 minutes too late for one game- I heard Steve crying, so I went running to find him. He was running toward me with one shoe off, his knee scraped, and dirt all over his shirt and pants. I picked him up and gave him hugs to try to console him. Within 30 seconds I could here Emily screaming, so I ran to find her. One of her little friends that she had been playing with grabbed my hand and said, "Emily's mom, Emily has blood all over her head." I soon found her with blood dripping down her face and shirt. She was running under the football bleachers in the dark and didn't see the beam hanging over her and ran right into it. She is a tough girl and didn't cry much, Steve on the other hand cried, no screamed, the whole way home. We bandaged Steve and put a tight braid in Emily's hair to act as stitches and went to bed. What a dramatic night! (Here is a picture after we had cleaned Emily up a little bit, doesn't Steve look pathetic!:)


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh that picture of Steve just made my day :)