Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baseball and lemnad stands

Here is our sweet little Amie. The pictures aren't the greatest with all of the shadowing and the bright sunlight, but when the sun is the best for pictures I am running kids in all directions...



This is truly how Amie is most of the time. She is the smiliest little thing. She brightens every one's day when they see her. Whether it be in the store, at church, or at the school, everyone stops to see her and she smiles every time! I don't know how I got blessed to have so many happy babies!
I laughed when I saw this picture that David took. This is of Mitch and David after they got the lockers installed and working on our "new" truck. Even Emily knows how cool "lockers" are and gets excited at the thought of using them on our off-road adventures.
Here is a picture of Emily, Steve, and Ethan Stapley with their lemonade stand. Emily asks me about every week if she can have a lemonade stand. I almost always tell her no, but she never gives up. I made them fresh squeezed lemonade from lemons we got from Mesa and before we even pored one cup, the table blew over with the lemonade! Hmmm, no wonder I never agree to those kind of activities. There is always some sort of mess to clean up, not to mention the lemons and time wasted squeezing!!
Emily tried to get me to help her spell words on her sign, but I had to let her do it herself...and I am so glad that I did! I don't know if you can read it, "FRESH SKWeezd Lemnad, size Larj". I love it!


I will try to post again later with pictures of the kids playing baseball. That is taking up all of our time right now. Emily is on a t-ball team and I am her coach! They had a couple of coaches drop out at the last minute, so the sucker that I am offered to do it. It should be an interesting season. By the way, the assistant is 6 months pregnant.:) Ryan and Mitch are also playing. There are some nights we have all three kids playing the same night. Emily and Ryan's games are at the same time and Mitch's don't start until 7:30pm. I am really having a hard time with that since our kids are usually in bed between 8 and 8:30. I think this schedule is exactly what leaders were referring to when they said we were overbooking our families. I am just thankful that it is only for 6 weeks. I can do anything for that long, then we get to enjoy summer!!!! I love the thought of warm, late nights playing baseball and basketball with our kids. Plus, we will be getting the rest of our backyard finished soon. Yeah! Right now all of the playing is done in the front yard, which is fine. It is easier for the neighborhood kids to join in on the fun. I just look forward to having friends over for BBQ's and some games of horseshoes or football. I love summer!!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Cute pictures of Amie! She's gotten so big! Cool truck, guys. You'll have to explain your technical talk another time! I love the sign, Emily! Cherilyn, I am impressed that you are coaching. I would have said, "Sorry kids. Season's over!" You are amazing!

Shannon said...

Your family is so stinking cute! I think Emily got her sweet spelling skills from her aunt Shannon! :) Amie is getting so big! What a little doll! I miss you guys. I think I need to come visit again :)

Tammy said...

Cute kids! I can't believe how much Amie has grown! My kids are begging to have a lemonade stand. I'll have to have Rachel make the signs--maybe with inventive spelling, they'll sell more!

Paul and Amy Lacey said...

Hi Cherilyn,

OK, I'm a slacker...just getting to this. But have to say - CUTE kids!! And loved the Lemnad sign! :-D