Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



How could I not enjoy Mother's Day with cute kids like these! They spoil me and I love it!

I think the best part about today came yesterday. My kids were so excited for Mother's Day. Saturday night, they each thanked their Heavenly Father for Mother's Day and for me at least once in their prayers. I got spoiled two days in a row. Yesterday, they all helped clean the yard and the house. We worked together and they did it all so willingly, because it was part of my "present". They are so cute. Then this morning finally came. They made me breakfast in bed which included eggs and toast and a fruit smoothie. Yum! Mitch gave me a cool cup he painted at a pottery store, plus a wind chime he made at scouts. Ryan gave me a cool shell necklace he made at school and a bag he made at scouts. Emily gave me lots of hugs and kisses and a beaded pin, and Steve gave me a cute hand print card. They were all so excited to give me the presents they made, they had a hard time going to sleep last night. How did I get so lucky to get five wonderful kids?!

After church, we had David's parents and sister over for a pancake dinner that David and his dad cooked. The moms didn't have to do a thing. David even changed Amie's diaper blow-out without hesitation! David has truelly mastered spoiling me. He did everything for me all weekend. He is such an awesome husband. Now I have to figure out what I am going to do for Father's Day, he has set the standard high for me to follow!

On Thursday, Emily's kindergarten class had a "Spa Day" that was so much fun. They gave us manicures, pedicures, and did our hair and make-up. After all of that we got to have a tea party with cookies and lemonade. It was definitely one of my favorite school activities that I have been to. Emily's teacher is so creative with activities like that. David got invited to a "Science Day" with experiments. Grandmas got invited to make gingerbread cookies, and grandpas got invited to carve pumpkins. It is so much fun for all of the kids and their visitors. I will put pictures up from the spa day after I get them from her teacher.

I absolutely love my family. They bring me so much joy. I never thought being a mother would be so rewarding and fun. There are definitely days that are a little rougher than others, but in the end it is all worth it!! I would never trade my sweet children's kisses and tears for anything else in the world. People sometimes give us a hard time for having so many kids, and I must admit sometimes I wonder what in the world I was thinking having so many kids to care for. Then I look at them and know exactly why I had each and every one of them.


My friend gave a talk in church today and I loved this part from it: "Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. "


My mom was a great example of all of these fine attributes of a woman of God. I am so thankful for her example and unwavering faith. She is an amazing person that I look up to so much! She always has a smile on her face and is willing to help anyone in need. She is amazing...thanks, Mom!


So off we are to another week...only two weeks left of school. YEAH! Next weekend the boys get to go camping for the Father and Sons campout. They are all very excited, and so are the girls. We get to have a little party of our own and have a slumber party in mom's bed!! Emily can hardly wait. Emily reminded me of the "fun" we had last year. She was so excited that she got to eat store bought chicken pot pie and watch a movie at home. I wondered why we ate pot pie and not at a restaurant, then I remembered that I was pregnant and totally sick(I am so glad those days are over!) What a fond memory! This year we are going to have some real fun and paint our nails and stuff like that! I am going to let Emily plan our weekend, so we should have lots of fun!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

The goofy picture made my day...tell Mitch I'm proud of him taking on Aunt Shannon's signature goofy face :) Steve actually looks really sad in that picture! And Amie just looks too darn cute to be in the silly shot. :) Your family is so cute. I really can't wait to be a mom and get fun little gifts like yours for Mother's Day!

Tammy said...

How fun! You will love the goofy face picture forever! What a wonderful idea--my kids would love it if I actually told them to make a face in a picture.