1. What were you doing 10 years ago? I was living in a hot apartment in Mesa, AZ. David was fixing computers for the USPS making a little money while he waited for dental school to start. Mitch was only a few months old and I was struggling with the whole "stay at home mom" thing. We were incredibly poor, no car,far away from my family, in a city I didn't know, cockroaches everywhere, with Mexicans who didn't speak any English as my neighbors. Ok, so I had every right to have a little post partum depression. Did I mention there were cockroaches everywhere? I would open the dishwasher or any drawers and cockroaches would scatter everywhere...yuck! I even had a great big one crawl up my arm in the middle of the night. I screamed as though I was being attacked. David woke up ready to kill whoever was beating his wife to death. (We lived in a scary neighborhood) He still gets mad at me for that.
We have come a loooooong way financially and with our family in ten years. And I thought one kid was a lot of work!
2. 5 Things on my To-Do List Today...take online driver's school (I hate photo radar!) I have some good tips for anyone who hasn't gotten ticketed by those terrible things! 2.Pay bills 3. Clean off my desk 4. Clean my closet 5. Get my dog fixed
3. What snacks I enjoy...anything! I especially enjoy graham crackers and milk with my kids after school. It just reminds me of being a kid.
4. What would I do if I were to suddenly be a Billionaire? Of course I would pay my tithing first, man that would be a huge check! Then I would actually have fun paying my bills. I would finance David's new dental office. Pay a ton of taxes and invest a good chunk of it. I would love to take my family on a fun, long trip, then plan several more. We could go down to the Dominican Republic to do dental work and pay for some poor dental student's airline tickets to go with us. Pay for my sister, Kristy, and her family to come from Alaska to visit us. Hey, maybe I would even pay for her to move down here. That would be awesome. Maybe I could bribe a few of my other family members to move closer to me!! David could do dentistry for free and make some beautiful smiles for lots of people who never thought it was possible to have beautiful teeth.
5. 3 Bad Habits...not finishing things I start 2. Eating when I get stressed. 3. Leaving messes everywhere
6. 5 Places I've lived...Montana 2. Arizona 3. Illinois 4. Ohio 5. New Mexico
7. 5 Jobs I've had...Kitchen help at the famous Wagon Wheel Cafe 2. Telemarketer(for 2 hours then I quit and never went back) 3. McDonalds- I was the party girl, all I did was b-day parties and cleaned the eating area. I never want to work there again! 4. Brent Brown Toyota- Finance department 5. a mom- the job I love the most and title I will have forever.
8. 5 Things People Don't Know About Me...I'm not really an animal lover 2. I used to be the official swather operator on our ranch(My dad gave me that title so that I would feel cool and like my job) 3. I dream about sports while I am pregnant. For example, I have to go play basketball out of shape and pregnant, or I have to run the mile at a track meet- pregnant. 4. I teach the Laural class in church 5. I love photography and would love to learn to be an awesome photographer
Ok, so I did this when I read my sister, Shannon's blog. I am supposed to tag 5 of you, but you can just do the survey if you would like. It is kind of fun to do.
6 years ago
2 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you did this. That's funny about your pregnant dreams. :) And by the way, color coding your closet is the best thing ever. For St Patrick's Day, all I had to do is go to my green section (which is probably my largest section!) and pick something! As far as the kissing dream with NSync's Joey...it was disappointing. :)
How fun! I need to do that! I'm not really sure I would have anything great to say but it might be therapeudic if I try it! By the way, I love the idea of flying us or moving us out there!
Post a Comment