
First, our Land Cruiser fiasco. David decided to buy a "new, rust-free"(the same year as the one we currently have) Land Cruiser and sell ours that is full of rust on the underside of the truck. He likes to play with his trucks, and one that has rust is more frustrating than fun, so I thought that would be a great idea. I will spare you from the details and just say, we ended up with three trucks, and David is taking everything he wants to keep off of the ones he is going to sell and putting it onto the one we are going to keep. He thought it would only take 3 or 4 days. I am just hoping it doesn't take that many months! It has been way more work than he expected but has seemed to enjoy himself. We even stayed up until 3AM putting the front axle on, I guess it is idea of a romantic date! I actually did have fun. My mom compared it to staying up all night fixing the hay baler with my dad. I must say it was nothing like that. It is by choice we are doing this, not because we need it fixed to make a living with...thank goodness! (I love my childhood days, but I hate any thought that involves working in the hay fields! I love you anyway mom and dad!)
Our second adventure: The annual Pinewood Derby!
David loves helping the boys with their cars, and was so excited to see Mitch design, carve, and paint his entire car by himself! I was very impressed to see him with the Dremel tool carving away, making wheel wells, fender flares and grill guards. He is planning on making a convertible next. I am hoping it will be a hobby that will occupy his time this summer. Ryan was happy to have lots of help from his dad. They actually cut the Bat mobile out last year, determined to finish the car before 6:25pm, 5 minutes before the derby was actually supposed to start. Well, guess what...they failed at that. So David has pledged once again that the car will be ready to place on the track at least the night before the derby. I will be so excited to see that happen, I end up stressing more than he does and drive us all crazy! Emily tried to get David to help her with a car, but I told her she had to wait until she is 8, just like the boys. David loves to help the boys, but I wonder how he will feel when he helps design a car for the "Barbie Derby" Emily has planned out in her mind. She plans on taking her car to the derby and racing after the cub scouts finish their races. I love her determination to do whatever she sees as fun, even if she is a girl doing boy things. She can't wait for Amie to grow up so that they can play house and paint each others nails. We go out on "girl" dates, just the three of us. We usually end up just going to the grocery store or to Wal-Mart....where else is there to go in our little town? I'm sure we will go on more exciting adventures together as they get older.
I love my family. They bring so much joy to my life. I love seeing my kids get older and their personalities really become obvious. I love that my kids love life and love each other. I love that David brings out the best in all of us and helps us to have as much fun as possible!! I also love the close bond that develops with my new baby as I hold her close to me as she nurses....that is my very favorite thing in this whole world! On the other hand, I hate to see their little tender hearts get broken by mean kids at school and I hate that I can't do anything about it. I am so glad that we have each other and that no matter what happens at school, they can come home where everyone loves them.
David loves helping the boys with their cars, and was so excited to see Mitch design, carve, and paint his entire car by himself! I was very impressed to see him with the Dremel tool carving away, making wheel wells, fender flares and grill guards. He is planning on making a convertible next. I am hoping it will be a hobby that will occupy his time this summer. Ryan was happy to have lots of help from his dad. They actually cut the Bat mobile out last year, determined to finish the car before 6:25pm, 5 minutes before the derby was actually supposed to start. Well, guess what...they failed at that. So David has pledged once again that the car will be ready to place on the track at least the night before the derby. I will be so excited to see that happen, I end up stressing more than he does and drive us all crazy! Emily tried to get David to help her with a car, but I told her she had to wait until she is 8, just like the boys. David loves to help the boys, but I wonder how he will feel when he helps design a car for the "Barbie Derby" Emily has planned out in her mind. She plans on taking her car to the derby and racing after the cub scouts finish their races. I love her determination to do whatever she sees as fun, even if she is a girl doing boy things. She can't wait for Amie to grow up so that they can play house and paint each others nails. We go out on "girl" dates, just the three of us. We usually end up just going to the grocery store or to Wal-Mart....where else is there to go in our little town? I'm sure we will go on more exciting adventures together as they get older.
I love my family. They bring so much joy to my life. I love seeing my kids get older and their personalities really become obvious. I love that my kids love life and love each other. I love that David brings out the best in all of us and helps us to have as much fun as possible!! I also love the close bond that develops with my new baby as I hold her close to me as she nurses....that is my very favorite thing in this whole world! On the other hand, I hate to see their little tender hearts get broken by mean kids at school and I hate that I can't do anything about it. I am so glad that we have each other and that no matter what happens at school, they can come home where everyone loves them.
Below are some pictures of my sweet little girls. Emily is always taking care of her baby sister. She is going to be an amazing mother some day.
The following pictures made me laugh. The green thing Amie is sitting in is pretty cool. She can sit up in it and loves to be where the action is. The other picture was of Amie after a long day. It looks like she is having a hard time getting any sleep with all of the commotion of 4 siblings running around the house.



1 comment:
I love this post, Cherilyn! The end was so sweet and just made me feel warm and fuzzy all over. You are a great mom and wife!
Our kids won't stand a chance in the Pine Wood Derby, well at least if I helped them. I sure hope Brett has some creative juices in that department!
Post a Comment