David left Mesa just in time. One of the roads from Mesa to Pinetop was closed, so I was nervous for him to leave, but it was dry pretty much the whole way for him. The night he got home it snowed and snowed and snowed some more. School was cancelled and he and the kids had lots of fun playing in the snow. David pulled the kids behind the truck on their sleds and snowboards and the also went sledding on our "sledding hill". They had a blast! David even snowboarded off of a cliff and tumbled down the hill. Don't worry, the drop off was only 8-10 ft high.
While the kids and David played in the snow, I got to stay in Mesa with Steve and Amie and enjoy the warm weather and sunshine, and of course some shopping. It was a nice break for me. Here is a picture of the snow I came home to. I love how the snow sticks to the Ponderosa pines.

Below is a picture of the boys playing football in the snow with one of their friends. One of the things I love most about Pinetop is that the snow dumps on us, then it warms up and the sun comes out. After living in dreary Cleveland weather, we appreciate it more than we ever would have. It is also nice that it warms up during the day. In Montana where I grew up, it would snow in November and the same snow would be there in January....brrrrrr!
Emily's favorite thing to do lately is dress up and put make-up on that Grandma Lacey gave her for Christmas. She thinks she is pretty special to have a "whole suitcase" full of make- up. I am not kidding, it is a whole suitcase! She has tried to wear the make-up to school and church, but I think she knows know that that won't fly in our house! I love Emily's fun personality and her love for life. Nothing seems to get her down.
This picture is of Emily with her best-friend, Callie. I think they were probably best friends in heaven too, because they came down to earth the same day. Emily was born in Cleveland, and Callie in Show Low, AZ both on Aug. 29.
2 comments:
It's so beautiful! It makes me sick that your kids are out playing in the snow without coats, snowpants, etc. That would be so perfect!
Hi Halls'--
I am so amazed to see your beautiful family and to see you have an Amie and that it's spelled the right way! :) Until her I was the only Amie version that I know. It is so much fun to see your pictures and remember the Cleveland days. It makes us really appreciative of sunshine in the winter, doesn't it?
Your children are so cute and it's fun to see you all doing well. Best wishes with number five--she's beautiful.
Love,
Amie Houser
Post a Comment