Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break

It's spring break and what fun things am I doing with my kids? We're canning, of course! What kid doesn't dream of canning apple pie filling and chicken on their spring break? The kids actually did have a lot of fun helping me can the apple pie filling, but I'm kind of on my own with the chicken. They made muddy buddies and peanut butter playdough while I did my thing. Our kitchen has been a disaster since Sunday, but that's ok. I love my kids and I love laid back days where we can just hang out. After we canned yesterday, we watched the movie, Ramona and Beezus. It was a pretty cute movie and my kids were cracking up!
Now as I look around, things are a little calmer. Mitch is mastering a new song on his guitar, Ryan is finishing his book, "The Lost Hero", Amie is playing Chutes and Ladders by herself while singing at the top of her lungs (I have no idea what she is singing), Emily is playing Mitch's new ipod, and Steve just headed over to his friend, Jaren Barrett's house.
Tomorrow, we will head down to Phoenix for some real fun. We are going to go to a spring training baseball game, the zoo, and maybe even do a little camping. :)
My timer just went off, so my chicken is done and we can get on with our day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i so would love to come help you can. ive never done it before but want to learn. so next time you do, if you need a "helper" or someone to get in the way let me know!

Shannon said...

I want to come help you can, too! I miss you!!!

Halls Family said...

Coco and Shannon, come on over next week. I'll be canning pinto beans so we can enjoy never ending bean burritos. :) I won't know until the day before though, I'm kind of a last minute girl when it comes to those kinds of things.

Alaine said...

I love the updates!!