
I love a good salad and have learned the more on top, the better! Here are a couple of recipes from some tasty salads.
Poppy seed Dressing
(This makes a very large recipe. I usually cut the recipe in half.)
1 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
3 tsp salt
1/2 red onion
1 c. olive oil
2 c. vegetable oil
3 T poppy seed
Combine first 5 ingredients and mix well, then add oil slowly. Add poppy seed when all ingredients are mixed. Dressing will separate between uses, so shake before use.
Salad ideas:
Lettuce/spinach mix
craisins
mandarin oranges, strawberries, or fuji apples
sunflower seeds
fresh mushrooms
sugared almonds
shredded mozzarella cheese
Red/ romaine/ green lettuce
craisins
red onion(sliced very thin)
garbanzo beans
shredded carrots
candied walnuts
olives
cucumbers
bacon
Lettuce
cherry tomatoes
peeled cucumbers
garbanzo beans
sprouts
4 comments:
I love salads! And I love finding interesting combination of things to put on them. Awesome for summer! Thanks!
Mmmmmmm thank you!
Mmmmmmmy mouth is watering! Thanks!
Okay just delete my comments because I think I've posted 3 now. I just figured out why it wasn't posting. Duh. See, I'm new to all this too and didn't know you could sensor your comments. hahahah. You must have very obscene friends to be so guarded. ;)
Post a Comment