Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fun in the sun!

Have I ever told you how much I LOVE ARIZONA!
One of my favorite parts of living in Pinetop is the fact that I can enjoy the snow and live in a small town, but if I need some warm weather and shopping I just jump in my car and drive down to Phoenix just 3 hours away. We did just that last weekend. David's brother, Alan, lined us up with a 65" projection tv for $100. How could we turn up a deal like that?! So, we jumped in our truck and had a fun weekend in the sun. (Below is our new tv. Isn't it fun? Our old tv is sitting on the floor in front of the slightly larger, new one.
We found a great skate park in Scottsdale. The park is miles long and has ponds, playgrounds, frisbee golf, jogging/bike path, skate park, and a great sledding hill! Who knew you could have so much fun sledding on the grass. I guess that is how the "flatlanders" sled. You can either use an ice block (which I had done) or a cardboard box (which I had never heard of before). Here are a few pictures of our adventure. Thanks Alan and Tamara for the fun! Emily
Emily was so excited to call this "grassboarding". She is such a cute girl. We didn't get a picture of her "skiing". She had two pieces of cardboard, one under each foot, and two stick for poles. It is fun sledding in the grass, but my allergies were terrible for the next couple of days!
This is Mitch standing with Ryan and their cousin Ammon in the back ground.


We got to enjoy a beautiful sunrise on the way home Sunday morning.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful! So you're the ones stealing all of OUR sun. OK, you've had your share. . .we want it back . . .now!!! :)

OK, so if we REALLY wanted to, we could move to Arizona, too. I'm just jealous.

Crystal Dever said...

I think we stayed in a cabin in Pinetop a few years back. My aunt grew up in Snowflake. She showed us the town and her house and everything. Neat little place. I'm sure you guys love it there.

Kristy said...

Okay, I feel better now that I actually read this post. When i first glanced at the pictures, I thought these pictures were taken in Pinetop. I thought, "Man, one post they're sledding down this great hill and then a few days later they're out in their short sleeves flying down the hill on cardboard!" You guys have so much fun!