Next, we have birthday celebrations. Mitch is the first one that comes in December. Well actually, my brother, Brent's, is on the 4th. I don't have to do much for him, so I guess his doesn't really count.

Happy Birthday, Mitch! You are so awesome, we all love you so much and are so glad you are in our family! Mitch is definitely the peacemaker in our home. If he can tell that I am in a bad mood he will give me a hug and tell me he loves me. What a sweet kid he is with an amazing spirit! He is always happy and loves to help out with anything he can. He is David's "mini me". We comment quite often how he reminds us so much of David. Love you Mitch!
For my kid's birthdays, I try to make it special. We have their favorite meal for breakfast, on the red b-day plate, I take them lunch of their choice(Mitch's was a burrito and chips & salsa from Aliberto's), a treat for their class, then we end the day with David & I taking them out to dinner at a restaurant of their choice. Sometimes it's a nice place, sometimes it's McDonald's playland you never know with kids. Mitch chose Charlie Clark's Steakhouse this year. We had great hamburgers and a Bloomin Onion.
While we were sitting at the restaurant, I remembered that I had forgotten to make a cheesecake for Mitch. I called Ryan and asked him to whip one up (Jello brand is pretty easy). He had helped me before, plus there was a babysitter there, so I thought it would be no problem. Well, I got home and saw the cheesecake. It didn't quite look like the kind I make.:)
Some of Mitch's favorite things are: Drawing (he's amazing at it!), skiing, being with his dad, playing with his brothers, off-roading, basketball, baseball, xbox, riding his Ripstik, and reading the Peter and the Starcatcher books.
A few other things that have happened recently- Mitch received his Arrow of Light and religious knot. He already earned his Webelos award. Ryan earned his Wolf award. He also lost a tooth.
1 comment:
Well the picture definitely helped with your description. That is so funny! So, which is worse....dog food in the turkey soup or Crisco in the cheesecake? Man, maybe I'd get skinny if I lived at your house! Hee hee!
Post a Comment