Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Traditions-#3 Sledding off our back porch


I hope our kids never get too big to enjoy the fun they have sledding off our back porch. I love it, I can stay in my warm house and they entertain themselves for hours right outside my window. I made the kids hot chocolate with whipped cream, and they made real snow cones with real snow and syrup we had from "snow cones" last summer. We all had tons of fun and enjoyed the conveniences of home. If they got cold(which they never seem to do), they would just come inside for a few minutes and get warm. David is so smart, he taught them to put their own cold, wet clothes in the dryer and dry them whenever they need to. I rarely have to listen to kids whine of being cold. Just that one thing makes the snow so much more enjoyable to a mother. Besides the fact they can dress themselves, unlike when they were all under the age of 4.
So Ryan was the first one to try the jump off the railing. The older boys, Mitch and his friend Avery, were too chicken to try it. Mitch ended up doing it and loving it. Well, for the first 50 times, then it got boring. :)

3 comments:

Kristy said...

So much fun! I wish you guys lived closer!

Shannon said...

That's awesome! Your kids are so brave! I can't even count how many times Ryan called me a chicken while I was there :)

Tammy said...

Wow! We have totally different parenting styles--my kids would absolutely LOVE to trade moms! They look like they're having a blast.

My kids had so much more fun playing in the snow while we were in Cancun and Steve's mom and Shari were here because they actually got to PLAY in the snow--without a worry-wart mom to prevent them from doing anything fun. Can I send my kids to your house so they don't become sissies!