Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Traditions- #1 Tree cutting





I need to back post, and after I post my pictures, maybe you will see why it has been a while since I updated my blog. With all of the fun activities in December plus 4 birthdays, I can't keep up! To start off the month, we cut down our own Christmas tree. I didn't get any pictures of us cutting the tree, but I did get pics of the campfire we had afterward to keep warm. I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but the marshmallow Emily was eating was huge! We were headed out of town and realized we didn't have any food and we would be gone for a while. So I grabbed hot dogs and marshmallows to cook over the fire. The kids were so excited when I took the marshmallows out of the bag! They are 3-4 times larger than a normal large marshmallow.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow! Where did you find those marshmallows? My kids would be in heaven! What a fun tradition? Too bad my kids will never know that trees don't come from a box or Home Depot!

Unknown said...

That was so fun reading that and seeing your cute kids, seeing where you live (which looks beautiful) and seeing what you are doing. You have quite the busy month with all those birthdays in December-WOW! It made me miss you guys, we need to come visit you. Brandon is getting closer to getting the Land Cruiser of his dreams. Well at least he knows if he finds one he can at least buys one. So we should go wheeling!