Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fall break in Sedona

The kids had Monday and Tuesday off for fall break, so we had a fun filled extended weekend!
We started the break off by getting free ski passes for all of the kids to Sunrise Ski Resort. We can't wait for the snow to start falling so we can head up the mountain for some fun. I don't love skiing and snow quite as much as the rest of my family, but I love to see their excitement. Skiing is by far, David's favorite sport, so I am trying to develop a love for it.
As you can see in the picture above, it was not the warmest day up here, so we decided to leave! That is one of the best parts of living in AZ. If you don't like the weather, drive for 3 hours and you will most likely find lots of sun! We invited our friends, the Collisters, to go with us and had a blast in Sedona. The Collisters are our match made in heaven! Their kids are just about our kids ages and we all love the same things. Their family loves to play outside as much as ours and we all love adventure! Chandra is the one that got me into mountain bike riding and being healthier over all. Matt and David are so alike it is a little scary. To help prove my point- We went on a walk one beautiful afternoon and David decided to take our dog, Nash. Halfway through the walk, he asked Mitch if he could borrow his Ripstik (similar to a skateboard). He had Nash pull him while he road the Ripstik. Well, as we rounded the corner, what do you know, Matt was being pulled on his sons Ripstik by his high school neighbor who was riding his bike. That may not sound like a big deal, but it scares the tar out of me! At least Matt was wearing wrist guards. He may be crazy, but at least he is safe! I made sure to point that out to David.

On to our trip to Sedona... It was so beautiful! The husbands spoiled the wives by letting us go mountain bike riding while they took the kids exploring. Actually, they had as much fun or more than we did. David and Matt also went bike riding later in the day while the wives took the kids swimming. On Tuesday, we went to Slide Rock. There are usually lots of people to deal with, but it was empty...hmm. Maybe that was because it was FREEZING! The kids were awesome though. We bribed them with Dairy Queen and they all went down the water slide. I wish I had taken my video camera, the freezing faces were priceless. There was a lady that told us what a great thing we were doing to make memories for our kids. I just had to laugh. I don't know many other kids that get to experience as much fun as our kids do. It is a good thing we have cameras to help us remember all of the fun we like to have together!


7 comments:

Amber Jensen said...

Looks like fun! Steve would be so jealous of all the mountain biking...it is something he has always loved but hasn't been able to do very much. Keep the updates coming :)

Shannon said...

Yay for new pictures! That made me so happy! :) Your family is so stinking fun!

Raine said...

That is CRAZY that you guys got in at slide rock. We were going to take our kids but we knew none of us would have even got close to the water, so why even walk down? We decided next summer! No problem about not meeting up, we were busy too. Never enough time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun!
Im jealous.

Tammy said...

I'm so proud of you for posting! Thanks for entertaining us. What a beautiful place. Almost makes me want to move south. (But I'll stick with our green, mossy hikes! I don't ever want to move again!)

Crystal Dever said...

How funny... I thought 'that slide rock looks familiar' like when we went to Sedona... then I saw that it was Sedona! We went there a couple of years ago. I'll have to send you my picture of Haylee in the water... Her toes anyway. Its great to see your family. Looks like a happy family... I can't believe how tall Mitch is! Man time flies. Hugs to you all!

Rosalee said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I know what you mean about snow skiing. My family likes it a lot more than I do but it's growing on me. (Slowly, very slowly)