Thursday, August 7, 2008

School Days








Yes, August just arrived and school is already in session for my kids. The kids are so excited! Mitch gets to be in a new school, it is great except for the fact that there is no grass to play on, just mud. The first day of school all of the kids had to "play" on the basketball courts. He said they were practically standing shoulder to shoulder. I don't know who thought that would be fun, he sure didn't. Hopefully, they will come up with something better until they can get their landscaping done. Mitch seems to always make the most of every situation, so I'm sure he will still enjoy school.



Ryan is Mr. Cool as always, but he couldn't hide his excitement. He was telling me all about some girls that were arguing about who like Hannah Montana the most and what they would do if she were in danger and they could save her. I just thought it was pretty funny that the only kids he mentioned were girls....oooohhh.



Emily is going to love going to school all day! She loves learning and being independent, so she will keep her teacher busy. I am a little nervous about her teacher though. I read her letter that she sent home to the parents and here are a few portions from her letter- Because I will be spending so much time with your child in the upcoming school year.(Yes, that was her complete sentence. I went back to school and recieved my Batchelors Degree in Elemantary Education. (I before e except after c, and batchelors) She also misspelled "thier" several times. Ahhh, I hope 1st grade doesn't require the teacher to know sentence structure (not that I am that great) or spelling. If so, we are in trouble. I'm sure she will have tons of fun and will learn lots of new things despite what her teacher knows. The teacher does seem super nice and as long as she gives kids extra-long recesses they will love her.



Steve is in preschool again this year. He will go for 2 1/2 hours three days per week. He loves his teacher and riding the bus. He kept asking if he would get to ride the monster truck school bus(see previous post) to school. I had to let him know it would be just be his normal bus. I forgot to take a picture in front of his bus, so this will have to do. We went on a little hike today to enjoy the sunshine. He kept making crazy faces. In this one he is winking at me. He has really been working hard at winking, snapping his fingers, and whistling. He can't do any of them, but he sure makes me laugh when he tries! I sure wish I could make him stay a little boy forever. He is so much fun to have around.



Amie and I will enjoy a few minutes of peace and quiet a few times a week. I am looking forward to it, but I would still rather have had a couple more weeks to enjoy summer with my kids.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I can't believe they're already in school! Yikes! Your kids are so handsome/cute! Talk about heart breakers!

I remember the first year I taught at a new school. Like Mitch, we didn't have any grass, had 6 classes of each grade K-5, and they were all expected to hang out on the concrete for the whole year. Talk about a nightmare! Just think Mitch, you're closer to the girls this way! Yuck, stay away! Be very afraid!

Tammy said...

I can't beleive their back in school all ready. (I'm practicing to be a first grade teacher!) Seriously, I'd give a copy of the letter to the principal. That's crazy!

How exciting to have a little quiet time a couple of times a week. Have fun! I don't know what I'm going to do with Sophie when the kids go back to school. She's going to be so bored!

Sopha said...

Hey I found your blog somehow. And all your kids looks so big!

Coco said...

Cherilyn,
Hi! I found your blog and wanted to stop in and say hi. Your kids are cute and look very spiffy (Is that how you would spell it) for school.

-Coco