Well, here are some pictures of our snow. It actually snowed all afternoon and evening, but it is so warm a lot of it melted as it hit the ground. Now I know why the trees lose their leaves before it snows. All of our trees are bent over to the ground, weighted down with snow. David has shaken them off a couple of times, I hope they all survive the night, along with my plants and flowers.
I can hardly believe our weather the last few days. Two days ago it was in the mid 80's, yesterday's high was 73 degrees and today it snowed! I'm not complaining, because we need the moisture, it is just bizarre! I am just glad we didn't have any tornadoes! It is supposed to snow throughout the night and into tomorrow. The lifts at the ski resort here are open for "scenic lift rides" over Memorial Day weekend and David is seriously considering skiing if they are actually going to run the lift. They will have gotten a couple of feet by Saturday. I am sure he won't go, but he does want to go sledding at least. (I am trying to talk him out of it because all of the snow clothes have been washed and stored in the attic! I think he just wants to go for the good story that he will come home with to tell all of his patients!!) The kid's last day of school is tomorrow and they are hoping for a snow day. It wouldn't be that big of a deal since they never do anything the last day of school anyway, but they think that would be a great way to end the school year. Things at the school have been affected by the weather quite a bit. Tonight, they were supposed the hold graduation outside at the football field. They ended up having to move it into the gymnasium(and I don't think it is beg enough to hold every one.) Then at about 8:00pm the power went out for about an hour. What a fun graduation night memory!
No comments:
Post a Comment