Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Snow Days

Here are a few pictures from some our recent adventures in the snow. I know I have said this a million times, but I love living here! I also love my husband, because without him, I wouldn't be as adventurous and wouldn't enjoy life as much!! Thanks, David, I love you!
The old geezers in our neighborhood probably get tired of all of the kids that run around, but we love it! Here is a picture from a couple of weeks ago before the snow came. It was a Saturday and everyone was out enjoying the sunshine! These are only a few of the kids from our neighborhood. I counted once and we have 100 kids ages 0-18 in our neighborhood. There isn't another place like it in Pinetop. Most areas have summer visitors or just retirees, we love it here and so do our kids!
Yesterday was a snow day and we took advantage of it. David had to go to work, so I tried to fill his shoes by pulling the kids behind the truck. We had a great time.


Here we are at Mitch's school ski day. David & I chaperoned and had a great time. We left Steve and Amie home with Cathy and enjoyed a beautiful day! I tried snowboarding for the first time and loved it! It was very hard snow that day, so I ended up with lots of bruises. We were supposed to go again today with the school, but the trip got canceled due to icy roads. I was so excited to go because the conditions would have been perfect (5' of new powder and lots of sunshine) but the school canceled and I woke up sick along with Amie and Steve. Hopefully by this weekend I will feel better and I can take the kids.
Snowshoeing
David and the boys went night skiing a couple of weeks ago. We are hoping to go again on Valentine's Day!
Sorry about the lack of editing (cropping) in my photos. I need an upgrade on software and haven't taken the time to install it.

1 comment:

Paul and Amy Lacey said...

That looks like SO much fun! That's what I miss being in Las Vegas: winter fun in the snow. We're also jealous of your neighborhood. We hardly have any kids at all in our neighborhood. :-(

BTW, you'll have to download Picasa (picasa.google.com) if you haven't already. It makes making basic edits so easy and it integrates directly with Blogger.