Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tick-or-Treat

Happy Halloween!
One of my favorite parts of Halloween is caramel apples. We have made a family tradition of making caramel apples for FHE the Monday before Halloween. I love it and so do the kids.


We had a fun Halloween. David was out of town for a dental convention while the kids and I partied it up. We had trunk or treat at the church, then went to a friend's house for dinner and a party, followed by trick or treating around the neighborhood. We ended the night with some friends that stopped by to use the bathroom while trick or treating and the ended up staying for a couple of hours while the kids counted and devoured their candy. I let the kids eat all they want that night and the next day, then it seems to disappear! A friend gave me the idea to put the candy away until Thanksgiving break. Then break it out and decorated gingerbread houses with it. After that point she throws away the rest, or puts it away again until a rainy day. I am going to try that and see how it goes.
Below are pictures of Halloween. I was a witch, Amie-piglet, Mitch-The Candyman(On the back of his t-shirt he had tooth brushes and a sign that said, "Don't forget to brush". We don't want to get into trouble!) Ryan-Dracula, Emily-Witch, and Steve-Spiderman. I really missed David's make-up expertise. I stink at it, but I guess you can tell what Ryan is and that is good enough for me!





Here is a picture of kids in Mitch's class eating doughnuts off of strings. It was tons of fun and gave us lots of good laughs.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I LOVE the Candy Man idea!!! Hopefully, I can talk one of my kids into dressing up as the Candy Man sometime--or Steve!